Session June 2015-June 2016
Dept. Of English
The Dept. took 3rd Yr students on an educational tour, Darjeeling Zoo and HMI under the guidance of Mam Nima, Sir Madhyam and Mam Ratika. The Dept also organised Inter Departmental Elocution Competition. The dept was also engaged in the making of college magazine, SCSPEAKS. Sir Madhyam wrote an article in Salesian Journal, titled, 'A Glimpse of Christian Educational Institution in Darjeeling and English Language'.
During the study leave April-May 2016, the faculty of the Dept were engaged in studies writing articles - Study on Emma and Mrs Dalloway (BR), Nonsense Literature (NL), and Inheritance of Loss, a study (RS). The faculties also actively participated in a workshop, Communication Strategies, animated by Br. Trophy in the college along with FOSD animated by Mark Pixley.
The pass percentage of the students is around 90%. Student's participation in both academic and co-curricular activities are encouraged and honoured. Their enthusiasm is seen in their participation in inter departmental sports competition, where the ratio of male and female participants are equal. The dept won Football match and Tug of War. The Dept should first runner up in the debate competition organised by the Political Science Department. Hena Gurung, 3rd yr Hons student participated in the debate competition organised by St. Joseph's College, Darjeeling.
The dept has the strength of both the faculty and the students.
REPORT OF BBA DEPARTMENT (JULY 15-OCT 16)
• Orientation was held on 2nd July department wise.
• Fresher’s programme was held on 4th July to welcome the new batch of 2015.
• Regular classes were held for the month of JULY 15
• Regular classes were held in the month of AUG 15
• BBA Students participated in Inter departmental debate competition
• Regular classes were held in the month of SEPT 15
• Selection test were held on 16th September.
• The students also visited Orphanage Home at Rangbull on 26th Sept.
• Regular classes were held in the month of OCT 15
• BBA students accompanied by faculty member participated at INNOVISION fest on 14 and 15th Oct.
• Regular classes were held in the month of Nov 15
• Regular classes were held in the month of Dec.
• Selection test were conducted on 8th of Dec till 11th Dec.
• University examination was held in the month of January.
• 9 students from 1st sem and 4 students from 3rd semester and 4students from 5th semester appeared for the university examination.
• Classes resume from 1st feb 16
• Regular classes were held in the month of Feb.
• Regular classes were held in the month of March.
• 3RD Year student completed the internship for one month at Big Bazaar.
• The students of BBA Department also participated for Renaissance Fest at St.joseph College, Darjeeling.
• Regular classes were held in the month of April.
• Result of BBA 1st/3rd/5th Semester were declared.
• Regular classes were held in the month of May.
• Regular classes were held in the month of June.
• Selection test were Conducted for the department students.
• Study leave were given to students to prepare for the university examination for 1 week.
• University examination was held in the month of June for 2nd SEM, 4th SEM and 6th SEM).
• College Admission test begin in the month of June.
• New batch classes begin in the month of July.
• 10 students took new admission in the department of Management.
• 1ST July orientation programme were conducted for the new batch.
• Bhanujyanti were celebrated on 13th July were 5 students from BBA department participated in the different events.
• 3RD year students went to NBU Siliguri for project presentation on 26th July.
• Student’s Representative election was held on 27th July 16 where karma Tshering Sherpa was elected as a secretary and Minusang Moktan were elected as an Ex-Offico Member in Students Council.
• Fresher welcome was organised department wise.
• Regular classes were held in the month of Sept.
• Celebration of Teacher’s day on 5th Sept 16
• The students went for an Industrial Trip and Excursion to Jalpaiguri on 8th Sept 16.
• Student Development programme were organised by faculty member of IBS Kolkata on 15th Sept 16.
• Regular classes were held in the month of Oct.
• Kritika Diwedi from the Depatment of BBA participated in Inter departmental Debate Competition organised by Dept of Political Science.
• Inaugural Ceremony of Radio Salesian cum Voice of Salesian College 2016 was organised by the music club on 28/10/2016.